Link or bookmark directly to this page - http://www.mcnees.org/naperville
|Naperville, founded in 1831, located 25 miles west of Chicago, is the fourth largest town in Illinois. It is the second largest of Chicago's 300 suburbs in the metro area of nine million people. Only next-door Aurora, which paces Naperville, is larger. One of the ten fastest growing towns in the nation over the past two decades, Naperville now is closing in on 150,000 residents and covers about 35 square miles. |
Naperville is the heart of the Illinois Research and Technology Corridor, also known as the Silicon Prairie - home to many tech firms. It is located in DuPage County, the 11th most affluent in America. See Naperville satellite imagery.
Our Hometown - Naperville, Illinois
adjacent to Lisle and Wheaton, Illinois
|Naperville and adjacent communities are home to several Fortune 500 companies including Laidlaw International, Molex, Navistar, Servicemaster, Tellabs, and numerous other high tech companies such as Computer Associates Lisle Labs, Quinnox, T-Systems, Unisys, as well as major world renowned research facilities including BP Amoco, Lucent Bell Labs, ONDEO Nalco Laboratories, Nicor, and nearby Argonne National Laboratories and Fermi-lab National Accelerator. |
Tellabs Corporate Headquarters
|Naperville is known for its outstanding quality of life: excellent schools, parks and forest preserves, quality housing, robust economy and job market, abundant activities, and a wide selection of active churches and service groups. It was featured as one of the 'best places to live" by CNN Money Magazine in November 2002 and July 2005 issues. cited as one of the in the March/April 2003 issue the Utne the national news magazine.|
|In 1997, a quality of life index comparing living conditions in 219 cities throughout the United States rated Naperville as the best place for kids to grow up, as reported by CNN. Naperville ranked #1 - lowest in stress among the 245 US cities with 100,000 or more residents according to a study by the American City Business Journals published in February 2005, attributing high incomes, low unemployment and stable families. |
Naperville School District 203 schools tested first in the world out of nearly 6000 competing schools in science aptitude scores in 2001. Naperville North H.S. has ranked first in the State of Illinois in Science and Math competition and scores the last several years, surpassing the nearby Illinois Math & Science Academy.
|The Naperville Riverwalk, a popular meeting place has transformed the DuPage River waterfront with miles of walkways, covered bridges, parks, and an amphitheatre. It is the site of the Millenium Carillon, one of the tallest and one of only four out of 600 in the world to span six octaves. |
Historical Naper Settlement is a faithful recreation of early 19th century Naperville. The city centre is vibrant and lively, a popular destination with a wide range of shopping and dining choices.
Naperville is the home of North Central College as well as regional campuses of Northern Illinois University and DePaul University, and Robert Morris College. Nearby are College of DuPage, Wheaton College, Benedictine University, Aurora University, National Louis University (Wheaton) and west suburban campuses for IIT - Illinois Institute of Technology, University of Illinois Extension - DuPage and Keller Graduate School of Management.
|Naperville City Links |
|Naperville Travel - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - Getting to and around Naperville |
GCM website - a cooperative effort of the Gary-Chicago-Milwaukee Priority Corridor Partners
- Congestion Map - Real-time graphic of traffic congestion and drive times on expressways in the Chicago Area from IDOT (Ill Dept Trans) (This site is in transition to the site above.)
- Expressway Data - Mile-by-mile traffic sensor readings of x-way traffic volumes and speeds (feeding Congestion Map above) - Mile-by-mile traffic sensor readings of x-way traffic volumes and speeds (feeding Congestion Map above)
- Travel Times - Real-time calculated travel times to/from Chicago Loop and various - Real-time calculated travel times to/from Chicago Loop and various destinations
|Naperville Sports: |
|Naperville is a sports town. Naperville school teams routinely win state championships and are often nationally ranked. Local club teams compete at the state and national levels. The Park District maintains several recreational sports complexes, golf courses, and a skatepark. |
- Naperville Central edged Naperville Neuqua Valley by one point to win the 2005 Class AA swim title
- Naperville Central HS IHSA 2005 Class AA Girls Volleyball Champions
- Naperville (Neuqua Valley HS) IHSA 2005AA Girls Soccer Champions - (27-2-1)
- Naperville Central HS Girls Swimming - 2004 IHSA State Champions
- Naperville North HS Girls Cross Country - 2004 IHSA State Champions
- Naperville Neuqua Valley HS (aka Naperville South) - 2003 IHSA AA Soccer Champions (28-1-1)
- Napverville North HS 2003 IHSA Sectional Girls Volleyball Champions
- Naperville Central HS 2003 and 2004 IHSA Girls Basketball Champions - USA Top Ten
- Naperville Central HS 1999 Illinois Class 6A IHSA Football Champions - USA Top Ten
- Naperville Central HS 2000 DVC Champions undefeated - IHSAA #1 class 6A seed - USA Top Ten,
- Naperville Central HS 2001 DVC Champions undefeated - IHSAA #1 class 8A seed - State Semi-finalist
- Naperville North HS 1998 Class 6A IHSA Soccer Champions (21-4-3), 2001 Gymnastics
- Benet Academy in Lisle won the IHSA Class A Soccer Championship in 2000 (22-0-4) and 2001(18-7-1)
- Naperville Central HS 2002 Class 6A IHSA Swimming Champions
- Naperville Central's Elizabeth Lumpkin was IHSA Girls Tennis Champion in 2000 thru 2003, winning as a Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior. She finished her High School career on a 76-match winning streak and won 97 of her last 98 matches. She lost just three sets during that span, and did not lose any in the 2003 tournament when she dropped just 15 games in seven state matches. She finished with a 122-5 career record, with four of those losses coming as a freshman. She was 28-0 in both her junior and senior seasons.
- Naperville (North) IHSA 1988 Girls Soccer Champions (20-2-1)
|Naperville Soccer |
Naperville and the nearby communities has excellent golf courses - there are over 200 golf courses within 30 miles of Naperville!
Other Naperville Sports Links
Other Chicagoland Sports Links
|Visiting Naperville activities and sites in and around Naperville |
| || || |
|The Naperville Grand Prix is a charity event that raises money to prevent child abuse and support the family unit. This event is and the immensely popular annual Ribfest are organized and implemented by the Exchange Club of Naperville.|
|Chicago and regional attractions highlights - Also See McNees Chicago Page for more details |
|Naperville Dining - See Rick's DineSite|
|DuPage County - DuPage Links |
Other Interesting places nearby ...
| Back to TOP|
|Have a link? Send it to me...|
Page last updated 11/20/2005